Thursday, February 09, 2006

Let me introduce myself

So after two downer posts, it occurs to me most everyone reading this has no idea who I am. So here goes.

I live in a very small town in Northwest Tennesse. Been here about 10 years. My lovely wife is originally from here. We moved from Nashville when we decided it was time for kids. I was not crazy about it at first. I grew up in Buffalo, NY, by way of Chesire, CT and Boston, MA. I was still having trouble adjusting to the Volunteer state (even though it had been about 12 years). A small rural town was a major change.

We both worked in the music business. She worked a company that produced Grammy Award winning lullabyes, and I worked for a publishing company, pitching songs and engineering demos. I loved the studio work, but sucked at "the game". It was time for a change.

We came here and I got a job at a company that printed foam can huggies. I had no idea what I was doing, but eventually learned how to do the artwork (art in a very loose sense of the word, they were just huggies after all). We started printing T-shirts and caps, so things got a little more complex. I loved this. Trying to figure out how to set up the art so colors would mix and make others. Now I know this shouldn't have seemed like a big deal, but I was making it all up. I had no idea what I was doing. After about 5 years, the owner decided she wanted more time for her other interests and asked if I wanted to buy the company. So I did.

So here I am, owner of a company and making it all up. After lots of reading, it turns out I was right on track. Its funny as a lot of the other screenprinters in the area call me for advice on how to print something. Or even better, they have me print it for them.

I really love my job, even though at times I am subject to fits of rage and major depressions. I don't think I could ever work for someone again.

So there you go. I'll try again tomorrow. See ya.

1 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Thank God the Paxil kicked in.

Friday, 10 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home