Monday, February 06, 2006

What a day


Oh my God!! So today started out OK. Got up early, did a little Tai Chi, had some coffee and a pretty good, although small, breakfast. Stupid Diet. Went in to work. With the click of the lock, the day turned to shit.

First thing, the computer crashes, and as I would later find out, burns. It was no big deal really. The only thing of importance on it is all off my graphics software and customers' artwork. No biggie. If I can't get it back, I'm only mostly screwed. As long as people want shirts decorated with a Sharpie, I shouldn't have a problem.

Upon my return from the computer guy, my sister-in-law calls. We traded vehicles today so I could get her oil changed. Done this a bunch. No big deal. She is stranded about 30 minutes from us, the truck hemorrhaging oil. I wasn't terribly concerned, well actually I was, but it got worse when she mentioned the sparks. Now it sounds expensive. Anybody got a cheap 1990 Ford Ranger engine sitting around?

Oddly, with all that happened today, it wasn't really much different than any other day this year. Last week I found out the heat exchangers on the central unit at the shop were cracked and thus filling the building with carbon monoxide. At least that explained why we were so tired after a day of doing nothing. Two weeks before that a trucker parked outside for a few hours. I didn't think much of it until he came in and asked to use the phone, as he thought he was having a "mild heart attack". He wouldn't let me call an ambulance because he didn't have insurance and couldn't afford it. The mechanic across the street is an EMT. He was working on our van, so while I was checking on it I mentioned the trucker. He got an ambulance. Well, long story longer, they got the guy to the hospital, but he ended up dying. He couldn't afford it, so he had to choose to die. That's fucked up.

So there you go. I'll try again tomorrow. See ya.

1 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Good God, Squeegee Boy.
Now I'm going to have to go buy a truckload of anti-depressants.

Monday, 06 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home